Benefits — Why Use a Humidifier?
Humidification is simply, the addition of water into air. Most people require a certain amount of ambient moisture in the air that is not too high and not too low in order to be comfortable.
There are several reasons why you should use a humidifier, including the betterment of your health, help with skin and help with the upkeep of your homes wood — just to name a few! If you feel like a humidifier would be beneficial to you, take the time to check out our many Ultrasonic Humidifier products.
Reasons to Use a Humidifier
- Increasing the humidity in your home helps eliminate the dry air that can irritate and inflame the passages in the nose and throat.*
- Humidified air can relieve the discomfort of colds and flu.*
- Using a humidifier in the home can help relieve a stuffy nose and can help break up mucous so you can cough it up.*
- During the dry, winter months, keeping humidity levels between 40–50% in the home makes the air feel warmer. This can mean you'll run your heat a bit less and save money on your bills!
- Dry air can dry out skin, hair, lips, throat, etc. This causes irritation until moisture is restored.
- Reduces damage to wooden items in the home. Wooden furniture can become damaged, wooden floors can get creaky and instruments can become out of tune. Even wallpaper can begin to peel!
- Proper humidity levels help to reduce the number of nosebleeds some people are prone to in the dry, winter months.
* Source: US National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health, Medline Plus: www.nlm.nih.gov and Livestrong.com and MayoClinic.com and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, www.cdc.gov.